Please follow the steps below:
- Print and complete the Federal and State Tax Payment Service Setup Forms.
- An authorized representative of the company must sign this form.
- For Federal and State Tax Payments, you will also need to print and complete:
- Form 8655-Reporting Agent Authorization. Form 8655 allows U.S. Bank to initiate tax payments on your company's behalf. - Please use the company's legal name exactly as it appears on your tax return. - Complete sections 1 through 8 and 16 and have either the President, Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer of your company sign the form. - For sections 9 through 13, include the following Reporting Agent Information:
- Agent Name: Northern Trust Company
- Agent ID Number: 36-1561860
- Agent Phone Number: 312-630-6000
- Agent Address: 50 South LaSalle Street, Chicago, IL 60675
- Please make a copy of all the above application materials and mail to:
|First Data Government Solutions
Attn: Northern Trust Tax Payment Service
6200 S Quebec ST
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Notes on Agency Registration:
- If you have been notified (mandated) by the IRS of your requirement to pay your taxes electronically (EFTPS), you will find our Tax Payment Service a way to meet this IRS requirement. Please note that our enrollment form 8655 does not replace EFTPS Form 9779 sent to mandated businesses by the IRS. Mandated businesses must complete and submit Form 9779 directly to the IRS. If you are not mandated to pay your taxes electronically, and wish to make your tax payments electronically, then all you need to do is complete the Federal and State Tax Payment Service Setup Form and Form 8655.
- For State Tax Payments - It is important to follow the appropriate state agency's enrollment procedures prior to being setup on Northern Trust Company Tax Payment Service. If you are not setup with the state correctly and a tax payment is initiated by the bank, your payment may be rejected.
Be sure to include the following when mailing to the address above:
FEDERAL AND STATE TAX PAYMENTS
- Completed Federal and State Payment Service Setup form
- Form 8655 - Reporting Agent Authorization
- State Identification number and tax types are required on setup form
Each individual Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) needs to be enrolled separately. You may make copies of all the forms for separate FEIN enrollment. Only the authorized signers for each FEIN may sign the forms where noted.
Count on a quick response!
Once we have received your request, in about 10 business days you will receive the following:
Your access code which is your company's subscriber number
Personal Identification Number (mailed three days after the access code)
Still have questions?
Please call customer service at: 866-729-8297
For all other bank inquiries, please call our Client Services Representatives at 312-630-8100.
|Click here to email this page|