Proven Investment Philosophy
We manage portfolios to emphasize areas where we believe our clients are more than adequately compensated for the risks of moving from benchmark exposures. The results have been superior risk-adjusted returns.
Focus on Consistency
Our approach to active value fixed income management is based upon consistency. We incorporate key elements of a bottom-up strategy, focusing on identifying relative value at the issue and sector level, while closely monitoring and controlling portfolio risk relative to a client-selected benchmark.
Our experienced team of portfolio managers is supported by our proprietary credit research group, and uses state-of-the-art technology to support quantitative decision-making.
Our Investment Style is Defined by Three Common Themes:
1. Disciplined Strategic Framework
Our macro fixed income strategy committees generate proprietary environmental forecasts on key global market metrics that guide the formulation of our active fixed investment policy
2. Dynamic Investment Approach
Our broad team of fixed income professionals reconciles these top down macro views with bottom-up market inputs to develop tactical investment strategies
3. Integrated Portfolio Implementation
Our closely aligned research, trading and portfolio management specialists constantly monitor risk/reward relationships across sectors and issuers to identify the most attractive new investment opportunities and implement our early sell discipline when necessary.
Why Work with Northern Trust
- You'll find a range of fixed income service-from Core and Core Plus to non-US and high yield
- We seek consistent performance using a consultative approach and a reliable and disciplined process
- Our active value approach employs a highly disciplined, reliable process
- Our credit research is intensive
|Click here to email this page|