Northern Trust Wins Global Private Banking Award
The FT Group, publishers of the Financial Times, The Banker and Professional Wealth Management magazines, has selected Northern Trust as the winner of the “Best Private Bank in North America” award in their inaugural private banking list. Northern Trust also is commended in the category for “Best in Leadership.” See Press Release: Northern Trust Named Best Private Bank in North America.
Year-End Tax Planning — Be Knowledgeable and Nimble
With the new year less than three months away, year-end tax planning is likely near the top of your financial “to-do” list. One threshold question may cause some anxiety: How do you work effectively with tax advisors when future income and transfer tax rates are so uncertain? With current rates on ordinary income, qualified dividends and capital gains set to expire at the end of 2010 and the current estate tax regime scheduled for repeal at the end of 2009, many taxpayers are perplexed. Learn more.
Find Insight in Your In-Box
Market research and educational papers written by Northern Trust experts.
- Perspective — Our monthly investment newsletter provides insight into market and economic events and what our investment professionals are watching, asset class by asset class.
- Insights From Northern Trust — In this weekly market and economic commentary, Northern Trust’s experts examine the changing financial landscape.
- Monthly Financial Market Update calls — These calls allow you to hear our investment research and economic teams discuss the month’s market developments. Now you can receive e-mail notification of the calls, dial-in instructions and replay information.
Enjoy the Content-Rich Format. Each e-mail also includes related content:
- Video podcasts featuring Chief Investment Strategist Jim McDonald as he discusses the highlights of the monthly Perspective newsletter
- Market research and educational papers written by Northern Trust experts.
Sign Up Today. Contact your relationship manager to sign up for the electronic distribution, or send a note to ContactNorthern@ntrs.com with your name, e-mail address and whether you would like to receive Perspective, Insights From Northern Trust, Financial Market Update call notification or a combination of all three.
Northern Trust Opens New Office in Sweden
Northern Trust has opened a branch office in Stockholm, Sweden, extending its offering to clients across Norway, Finland, Sweden and Denmark. Northern Trust has served clients in the Nordic region for close to 20 years; the new Stockholm office allows Northern Trust to provide these clients with asset servicing and asset management solutions closer to their home market. The office has a dedicated team that offers client relationship and account managers fluent in Swedish, Finnish, Danish and Norwegian and serves a diverse client base, including insurance companies, pension funds, charities and fund managers.
Northern Trust has a network of offices in 18 U.S. states, and in 16 locations in North America, Europe, the Middle East and the Asia-Pacific region. In addition to the new office in Stockholm, Northern Trust has international offices in Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam, Bangalore, Beijing, Dublin, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Jersey, Limerick, London, Luxembourg, Melbourne, Singapore, Tokyo and Toronto.