Northern Trust Study Shows Consistent, High Overall Client Satisfaction
Periodically, Northern Trust's Personal Financial Services conducts surveys to obtain feedback from clients on their satisfaction with the quality and value of service they receive from the firm. Results from the latest survey, conducted in the first quarter of 2010, show client satisfaction levels are high, and in spite of the financial market crisis, are consistent with previous satisfaction levels reported in our 2007 study, prior to the crisis. Northern Trust uses the results of the survey to identify opportunities for improvement, evaluate services and enhance our clients' experience with us. Below are highlights.
2010 Client Satisfaction Study Highlights
- Outstanding service is cited most frequently as the reason for a high level of satisfaction.
- Northern Trust’s institutional strength, stability and integrity contributed to high ratings from clients.
- Overall satisfaction is linked to the frequency with which primary Northern Trust contacts communicate with clients.
- Overall client satisfaction with primary Northern Trust contacts is very high; accessibility and availability were most commonly provided as the reason.
- A majority of clients indicate that they are likely to choose Northern Trust as their financial services provider again.
- Three out of four clients say they have recommended Northern Trust to others — an increase from 2007.
SURVEY SAMPLE AND METHODOLOGY
Through a combination of mail and web-based responses, a total of 5,292 clients completed the confidential survey. All mailed surveys included a URL, providing clients the option to take the survey online. Data was collected by mail and online from January 21 through March 29, 2010. Northern Trust engaged Maritz Research, an independent research firm, to conduct the survey and evaluate client satisfaction levels.
Access Northern Trust’s “Wealth Transfer Strategies for a New Decade” series
Fortune Calls Northern Trust “One of the Industry’s Rare Success Stories”