Fixed Income Solutions
Fixed Income Solutions
A full range of fixed income strategies to meet your needs
As an experienced fixed income manager, we know that the best strategy is one that meets your needs. Our fixed income strategies follow a conservative investment philosophy that doesn’t involve leverage, derivatives or currency trading. Rather, we use research and analysis bolstered by our trading and risk management experience, to identify strategies that offer the most value for the risk taken.
With teams in the United States, Europe and Asia, our global presence gives you access to a full spectrum of fixed income issuers and securities:
- Cash Management. From money market funds to custom cash strategies, we can help you manage cash by aligning your strategy with your risk, liquidity and return criteria.
- High Yield. If you are a more aggressive investor interested in higher current income with the potential for capital appreciation, high-yield (lower rated) corporate bonds may be an appropriate choice.
- Index Management. Investors seeking low-cost, risk-efficient market exposure appreciate our global index management solutions. Our experts can help you identify the appropriate investment strategies across a range of global markets and benchmarks.
- Quantitative Solutions. Application of factors within fixed income. Designed to target excess returns and avoid unintended risks.
Our Fixed Income Philosophy
We understand that because the market is dynamic, our investment strategies must be as well. Keeping our conservative philosophy in mind, we create high quality, well diversified, liquid investment portfolios by combining:
- Thorough fundamental research
- Trading expertise
- Risk management
- Distinctive portfolio design
- Global trading platform
Taking a Collaborative Approach
Our dedicated portfolio management team works with you to create a customized, flexible program that meets your investment, liquidity, tax and reporting needs. To do this, we:
- Consult with you to understand your goals and identify the appropriate levels of risk and return to achieve them.
- Find the right structure from a number of funds and separately managed account structures across multiple investment vehicles and currencies.
- Select the right investments based on a range of criteria, including tax status, domicile, liquidity and flexibility.
Want to Learn More?
We provide a customized, flexible program that meets your investment, liquidity, tax and reporting needs, supported by fixed income investment professionals who will put their expertise and knowledge to work for you. Our teams around the globe can help identify the right securities and issuers to meet your needs. Let us show you how Northern Trust's fixed income management capabilities can help meet your investment objectives.
Northern Trust Corporation. Head Office: 50 South La Salle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 U.S.A. Incorporated with limited liability in the U.S. Products and services provided by subsidiaries of Northern Trust Corporation may vary in different markets and are offered in accordance with local regulation. For more information, read our legal and regulatory information about individual market offices.
Northern Trust Asset Management comprises Northern Trust Investments, Inc., Northern Trust Global Investments Limited, Northern Trust Fund Managers (Ireland) Limited, Northern Trust Global Investments Japan, K.K., NT Global Advisors, Inc., 50 South Capital Advisors, Northern Trust Asset Management Australia Pty Ltd and investment personnel of The Northern Trust Company of Hong Kong Limited and The Northern Trust Company.
The Northern Trust Company holds Australian Financial Services Licence (“AFSL”) No. 314970 ARBN 126 279 918 issued by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (“ASIC”). Northern Trust Asset Management Australia Pty Ltd (“NTAMA”) (ACN 648 476 019) holds AFSL Licence No: 529895 and is regulated by ASIC. NTAMA is authorised to provide general financial product advice for certain classes of financial products and to deal in certain classes of financial products to “wholesale clients” within the meaning under section 761G of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
For investors in Australia, material on this website is directed to and should only be accessed by wholesale clients within the meaning of the Corporations Act 2001 and is not intended for retail clients. For investors in New Zealand, this material is directed to and should only be accessed by registered financial service providers and is not intended for retail clients.