Efficient and Effective Indexing for Better Investor Outcomes
David M. Alongi, CFA
Director, Fixed Income Index Management
An intelligent Indexing approach and global platform drive efficiencies in fixed income index tracking by reducing costs.
Intelligent indexing is the skill it takes to manage index strategies effectively and cost efficiently so that investors can achieve their desired outcomes. Our integrated global platform is backed by significant scale, range and infrastructure.
- NTAM Fixed Income Index asset under management: $77.0B*
- Comprehensive asset class coverage and global trading operations
- Extensive range of investment vehicles to meet client needs
*As of September 30, 2022
Why Northern Trust Asset Management for Fixed Income Index Strategies?
Our investment philosophy and objective are executed through our three-faceted Intelligent Indexing® approach. A dynamic investment process, centered on efficiency, is designed to avoid unintended exposures, cost and tax implications.
- Minimize active risk
- Maximize liquidity
- Address the trade-off between active risk and transaction costs
- Manage market impact of trading
- Research ongoing index events
- Utilize integrated technology
Multi-dimensional Risk Controls
- Monitor portfolio daily
- Conduct both pre- and post-trade compliance
- Oversee performance on a continuing basis
Global Index Capabilities
A long, consistent track record tested over decades and market cycles
Explore our five-year return forecasts and long-term themes for the years ahead.
Inflation drags down cash performance. We explain how investors can make cash work harder for yield, and mitigate inflation’s damage, while still preserving capital.
Faced with low yields, investors are seeking to expand their toolbox of bond strategies. We examine a time-proven technique normally applied to equities.