Efficient and Effective Indexing for Better Investor Outcomes
An Intelligent Indexing approach and global platform drive for efficient in fixed income index income by reducing costs.
Intelligent indexing is the skill it takes to manage index strategies effectively and cost efficiently so that investors can achieve their desired outcomes. Our integrated global platform is backed by significant scale, range and infrastructure.
- Fixed Income Index asset under management: $91.4B*
- Comprehensive asset class coverage and global trading operations
- Extensive range of investment vehicles to meet client needs
*As of September 30, 2020. Source: Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) Finance.
Why Northern Trust Asset Management for Fixed Income Index Strategies?
Our investment philosophy and objective are executed through our three-faceted Intelligent Indexing® approach. A dynamic investment process, centered on efficiency, is designed to avoid unintended exposures, cost and tax implications.
- Minimize active risk
- Maximize liquidity
- Address the trade-off between active risk and transaction costs
- Manage market impact of trading
- Research ongoing index events
- Utilize integrated technology
Multi-dimensional Risk Controls
- Monitor portfolio daily
- Conduct both pre- and post-trade compliance
- Oversee performance on a continuing basis
Global Index Capabilities
A long, consistent track record tested over decades and market cycles
With today’s low interest rates, investors can get tripped up by the 40% fixed income part of the traditional 60/40 portfolio. We look at some common misconceptions and offer ideas.
Fears of higher inflation ebbed, boosting second quarter returns. The economic recovery, supported by COVID-19 vaccinations and accommodative central banks, backs our positive outlook.
How U.S. states' finances survived the pandemic, their outlooks and what it means for investors.