A Global Fiduciary Partner for Complex Portfolios
Joseph W. McInerney
Head of Multi-Manager Solutions
As one of the world’s largest and most experienced providers of outsourced investment solutions, Northern Trust Asset Management understands the needs of institutional investor and asset owners. Experienced investors, extensive risk management and efficient implementation are the foundational elements that power our portfolio construction.
We craft custom solutions that seek to create risk-managed growth by targeting long-term investment themes and efficient implementation through an open architecture model.
Jim McDonald gives an inside look into our new capital market assumptions research, which identifies the key investment themes shifting the global asset allocation, risk and return landscape over the next five years.
View our 2018 Annual Report.
Investors who anticipate the potential effects of the good, bad, and ugly returns are better prepared to understand the process and ultimately enjoy the fruits of a sustainable private investment program.
Looking beyond the funding status of corporate pension plans in the U.S. How did the surplus disappear with strong market returns? What options do companies have to increase funding ratios? What does the future hold for pension contributions?
- Leading manager of retirement assets
- Expertise in asset and liability risk management
- Full range of Defined Contribution capabilities including white label options
- Focused on growing real portfolio value and spending power
- Emphasis on heavy allocations to alternative investments
- Multi-dimensional risk management
Global Family Offices
- Dedicated family office practice
- Long history of serving world’s most affluent families
- Sophisticated investment partner