Efficient and Effective Indexing for Better Investor Outcomes
An Intelligent Indexing approach and global platform drive for efficient in fixed income index income by reducing costs.
Intelligent indexing is the skill it takes to manage index strategies effectively and cost efficiently so that investors can achieve their desired outcomes. Our integrated global platform is backed by significant scale, range and infrastructure.
- Fixed Income Index asset under management: $87.0B*
- Comprehensive asset class coverage and global trading operations
- Extensive range of investment vehicles to meet client needs
*As of June 30, 2020. Source: Northern Trust Asset Management (NTAM) Finance.
Why Northern Trust Asset Management for Fixed Income Index Strategies?
Our investment philosophy and objective are executed through our three-faceted Intelligent Indexing® approach. A dynamic investment process, centered on efficiency, is designed to avoid unintended exposures, cost and tax implications.
- Minimize active risk
- Maximize liquidity
- Address the trade-off between active risk and transaction costs
- Manage market impact of trading
- Research ongoing index events
- Utilize integrated technology
Multi-dimensional Risk Controls
- Monitor portfolio daily
- Conduct both pre- and post-trade compliance
- Oversee performance on a continuing basis
Global Index Capabilities
A long, consistent track record tested over decades and market cycles
July 21, 2020
The slow reopening of the U.S. economy in the second quarter spurred significant optimism among investors and calmed fixed income markets.
July 17, 2020
States are plagued by pandemic uncertainty, but long-term resiliency remains intact.