Outsourced Chief Investment Officer (OCIO)
A Global Fiduciary Partner for Complex Portfolios
Engage 360 Fund
As one of the world’s largest* and most experienced providers of outsourced investment solutions, with over 40 years of outsourced investment solutions expertise, Northern Trust Asset Management understands the needs of institutional investor and asset owners. Experienced investors, in-depth risk management and efficient implementation are the foundational elements that power our portfolio construction.
We craft custom solutions that seek to create risk-managed growth by targeting long-term investment themes and efficient implementation through an open architecture model.
The Northern Trust Advantage – Deep Resources, Expertise & Scale
Unless otherwise noted, rankings are based on AUM of $95B and referencing data from the P&I Research Center, as of 3/31/2022.
5thLARGEST PROVIDER OF U.S. OUTSOURCED ASSETS*
$116.9BIN NTAM OUTSOURCED ASSETS**
140+Outsourced Investment Solutions PROFESSIONALS
40+YEARS OF Outsourced Investment Solutions EXPERTISE
*Pension & Investments Annual Outsourcing Survey, March 31, 2022.
**As of December 31, 2022
- Unique risk factor analysis to help strategies remain focused
- Customized solutions crafted to align with unique client needs
- Thoughtful tactical changes to manage risk and remain dynamic
Targeted Investment Themes
- Robust capital markets outlook provides foundational direction
- Specialized expertise across asset classes and client segments create value-add opportunities
- Differentiated managers selected by a highly focused and experienced team
Our Client Expertise
- Leading manager of retirement assets
- Expertise in asset and liability risk management
- Full range of Defined Contribution capabilities including white label options
- Focused on growing real portfolio value and spending power
- Emphasis on heavy allocations to alternative investments
- Multi-dimensional risk management
Global Family Offices
- Dedicated family office practice
- Long history of serving world’s most affluent families
- Sophisticated investment partner
Here are the three reasons why you should consider an asset manager.
Read our new capital market assumptions research which identifies the key investment themes shifting the global asset allocation, risk and return landscape over the next five years.
Investors who anticipate the potential effects of the good, bad, and ugly returns are better prepared to understand the process and ultimately enjoy the fruits of a sustainable private investment program.