Katrina M. Pipasts
Director, Planned Giving Services
Start a planned giving program – or streamline your current one
Successfully administering and managing gifts from annuities and charitable trusts – and any other ongoing contributions requiring significant planning and resources – is essential for maintaining donor satisfaction. Turn to Northern Trust’s Foundation & Institutional Advisors (FIA) for a full range of planned giving resources, including gift administration, trustee and charitable tax expertise.
TAILOR OUR SERVICES TO SUPPORT YOUR ORGANIZATION’S DEFERRED GIFTS NEEDS
Revitalize your planned giving program so it benefits both you and your loyal donors
fully. Whatever goals you have for your program, FIA can provide planned giving resources
and giving services designed to meet your specific needs – all backed by Northern
Trust’s longstanding expertise managing sophisticated charitable giving assets.
- Comprehensive gift administration. Streamline your program – and mitigate risk to you and your donors – by letting us process gift and annuity payments and prepare required reports for you.
- Disciplined investment program management. Manage planned giving assets prudently and effectively. Northern Trust can develop strategies to manage and trade portfolios to accommodate gifts, annuity payments, maturities and quarterly rebalancing.
- Charitable tax services. Our in-house global client tax services team will review trust documents, perform 5% and 10% tests when applicable and execute annual trust valuations.
- Trustee services. Rely on us to conscientiously administer your plans when serving as trustee or co-trustee for charitable remainder annuity trusts, charitable remainder unitrusts and charitable lead trusts.
- Education programs for both board and staff about wealth transfer, philanthropic trends and enhancing communication with key donors.
TO LEARN MORE, CONTACT KATRINA PIPASTS
For more information, contact Katrina Pipasts, Director of Planned Giving Services, at 312 557 1460 or email KMM9@ntrs.com.
Make sure you have a dynamic policy in place that manages donors’ expectations and prevents misunderstandings as strongly as it reinforces your mission.
For some donors, these alternatives to outright cash gifts can flexibly fulfill their charitable intents as well as personal financial goals. Knowing how can help you advise and guide them.
The Northern Trust Company. Member FDIC
© 2019 Northern Trust Corporation. Head Office: 50 South La Salle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 U.S.A. Incorporated with limited liability in the U.S.
This information is not intended to be and should not be treated as legal advice, investment advice or tax advice and is for informational purposes only. Readers, including professionals, should under no circumstances rely upon this information as a substitute for their own research or for obtaining specific legal or tax advice from their own counsel. All information discussed herein is current only as of the date appearing in this material and is subject to change at any time without notice.
Certain affiliates of Northern Trust may be utilized in providing investment management services, including Northern Trust Investments, Inc. and 50 South Capital Advisors, LLC, which are registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
This information, including any information regarding specific investment products or strategies, does not take into account the reader’s individual needs and circumstances and should not be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to enter into any transaction or to utilize a specific investment product or strategy. This presentation is neither an offer to sell, nor a solicitation of an offer to buy an interest in an investment fund.