Legal Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. BY ACCESSING THIS SITE
AND ANY PAGES HEREOF, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET
FORTH BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT ACCESS
THIS SITE, OR ANY PAGES HEREOF. These Legal Terms and Conditions set forth the entire
agreement between the parties relating to the use of this site. Northern Trust Corporation
("Northern Trust," "we," "us," or "our") can revise these Legal Terms and Conditions
at any time by updating this posting.
Copyright and Service Mark/Trademark
The content of this site, including but not limited to the text and images and their arrangement, are copyright ©2019 by Northern Trust Corporation. All rights reserved.
You may not copy the material on this site, upload, post, publish, transmit or distribute it in any way (whether electronically or otherwise) or create other works based on it, without our prior written consent. Copies made incidentally in the ordinary course of your use of this site (such as in cache memory) and a reasonable number of printed copies for your own internal use are permitted, provided you do not delete or change any copyright, trademark or other notices. Title to and all intellectual property rights in the material on this site remain in Northern Trust Corporation and its affiliates or licensors. Northern Trust, Northern Trust Bank, Market Signals, Northern Trust Master Source, Northern Trust Passport, Northern Trust Principles that Endure and the Anchor Design, Smart Box, The Wealth Management Group and Treasury Times are registered service marks or trademarks of Northern Trust. Northern Trust may also claim service mark or trademark rights in other marks contained in these pages.
NEITHER NORTHERN TRUST CORPORATION NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OF THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WE DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS WITH REGARD TO THE CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
We shall not be subject to any obligations of confidentiality regarding information submitted through this site or any page hereof except as otherwise agreed to by us in writing with the person(s) or entity(is) having a direct relationship with us or as otherwise required by law.
Although we attempt to keep the information on this site accurate, complete, and current, we do not warrant that the content herein is accurate, complete, or current. We make no commitment to update the content herein. It is your responsibility to verify any information before relying on it. The content of this site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. From time to time changes are made to the content herein. We may make changes in the products and/or the services described herein at any time. We provide you this information with the understanding that we are not rendering accounting, legal or tax advice. Please consult your legal or tax advisor concerning such matters.
Limitation of Liability
NORTHERN TRUST CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES WILL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THOSE CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OF TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, OR SYSTEM FAILURE. IN NO EVENT SHALL NORTHERN TRUST CORPORATION OR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF THIS SITE OR THE COPYING OR DISPLAY OF INFORMATION ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE, WHETHER OR NOT NORTHERN TRUST CORPORATION OR ANY SUBSIDIARY WAS ADVISED OF OR AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY IS EFFECTIVE WITHOUT REGARD TO THE FORM OF ANY ACTON, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER THEORY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NORTHERN TRUST CORPORATION AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES INCURRED AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION SUBMITTED TO IT THROUGH THIS SITE OR ANY PAGE HEREOF OR FOR ITS TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION OR CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION TO ANY PERSON(S) OR ENTITY(IES) AS A RESULT OF A REQUEST FOR SUCH TRANSMISSION REASONABLY BELIEVED BY NORTHERN TRUST CORPORATION OR A SUBSIDIARY TO HAVE BEEN MADE BY SUCH PERSON OR ENTITY. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU TO THE EXTENT THAT APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
Links To Third Party Sites
Some of the sites listed as links herein will let you leave our server and are not under our control. Access to any other Internet site linked to Northern's web sites is at the user's own risk and Northern is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any information, data, opinions, advice or statements made on these linked sites. We do not make any representations whatsoever concerning the content of those sites. The fact that we have provided a link to a site is NOT an endorsement, authorization, sponsorship, or affiliation by us with respect to such site, its owners, or its providers; we are providing these links only as a convenience to you. We have not tested any information, software, products or services found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations whatsoever with respect thereto. There are risks in using any information, software, products or services found on the Internet; and we caution you to make sure that you completely understand these risks before retrieving, using, relying upon, or purchasing anything via the Internet.
These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and be interpreted pursuant to the laws of the State of Illinois, United States of America, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law. The state or federal courts located in Cook County, Illinois, shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any cause of action arising out of or related to the content or use of this site.
If any part of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
This site also contains certain information Northern Trust has filed or incorporated by reference in its 1934 Act reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC") (such information, the "Disclosure Materials"). Northern Trust expressly disclaims any duty to update any of the information set forth in the Disclosure Materials, including but not limited to statements that may be considered forward-looking. The Disclosure Materials -- and individual statements therein -- should be read in conjunction with Northern Trust's reports filed with the SEC, including disclosures therein of uncertainties that may affect Northern Trust's future results. Northern Trust's 1934 Act SEC reports include but are not limited to SEC Forms 10Q, 10K and 8K, as listed on our SEC Filings page.
Location of Products and Services
Our products and services are offered only in jurisdictions where they may be lawfully offered for sale; and are subject to the terms of the applicable agreement. NOT ALL PRODUCTS OR SERVICES MENTIONED HEREIN ARE AVAILABLE IN ALL JURISDICTIONS.
Northern Trust Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. The information contained in any article or graph within the Research Desk section hereof is based on sources which we believe to be reliable, but we cannot warrant its accuracy or completeness. Such information is subject to change and is not intended to influence our investment decisions.
The Northern Trust Company is an Equal Housing Lender and Member FDIC.
Non-deposit Investment Products
Northern Funds, Northern Institutional Funds and other non-deposit investment products referenced in this site or any page hereof are not bank deposits or obligations of, or guaranteed or endorsed or otherwise supported by, The Northern Trust Company, its parent company or any affiliate, are not federally insured or guaranteed by the United States Government, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, Federal Reserve Board or any other governmental agency, and are subject to investment risks, including possible loss of the principal amount invested.
Shares of Northern Funds and Northern Institutional Funds are offered only by a
current prospectus and are intended solely for persons to whom shares of U.S. registered
funds may be sold. Nothing contained in this site or any page hereof constitutes an
offer to sell or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security, nor shall any such
security be offered or sold to any person, in any jurisdiction in which such offer,
solicitation, purchase, or sale would be unlawful under the securities laws of such
For more complete information about Northern Institutional Funds, including investment policies, risk considerations, charges and expenses, a prospectus may be obtained by calling 1-800-637-1380. For more complete information about Northern Funds, including investment policies, risk considerations, charges and expenses, a prospectus may be obtained by calling 1- 800-595-9111 or by downloading a prospectus from Northern Funds' page. An investor should read the prospectus carefully before investing or sending money.
Northern Trust Investments, Inc. and/or its affiliates provide investment advisory and other services to Northern Funds and Northern Institutional Funds and receive compensation for such services. Northern Funds Distributors, LLC, an independent third-party distributor and member of the FINRA, is the distributor of the Northern Funds and Northern Institutional Funds.
The Northern Money Market Funds and Northern Institutional Money Market Portfolios are neither insured nor guaranteed by the FDIC or any governmental agency. Although they seek to maintain a stable net asset value of $1.00 per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in money market funds. Eligibility for particular investment products and services is subject to Northern Trust's final determination and acceptance.
Northern Trust Investments, Inc.: Form ADV Part 3 – Form CRS Disclosure
Northern Trust Investments, Inc., is registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as an Investment Adviser. Brokerage and investment advisory services and fees differ and it is important for investors to understand the differences. Free and simple tools are available to research firms and financial professionals at www.investor.gov/CRS, which also provides educational materials about broker-dealers, investment advisers, and investing. Click for more information.
USA Patriot Act
Pursuant to the USA PATRIOT Act and final rules issued by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Northern Trust has prepared a Global Certification for use by any financial institution that believes it requires a Patriot Act Certification from a Northern Trust entity, for example, an overseas branch of The Northern Trust Company. Northern Trust Global Certification Regarding Correspondent Accounts for Northern Entities.
Legal and Regulatory Information on Northern Trust Offices and Legal Entities
Northern Trust Corporation, Head Office: 50 South La Salle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 U.S.A., is incorporated with limited liability in the U.S. Products and services provided by subsidiaries of Northern Trust may vary in different markets and are offered in accordance with local regulation.
The Northern Trust Company is an Illinois Banking Corporation with Illinois file number 2016, Its head office is at 50 South La Salle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 U.S.A. and it is incorporated with limited liability in the U.S.
Northern Trust Asset Management is composed of Northern Trust Investments, Inc., Northern Trust Global Investments Limited, Northern Trust Fund Managers (Ireland) Limited, Northern Trust Global Investments Japan, K.K., NT Global Advisors, Inc., 50 South Capital Advisors, LLC, and personnel of The Northern Trust Company of Hong Kong Limited and The Northern Trust Company.
Northern Trust Securities, Inc. is a broker dealer registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), and the Securities Investor Protection Corporation (SIPC).
- United Kingdom: The Northern Trust Company, London Branch (“TNTC”)
is registered as a UK establishment in England & Wales under number BR001960,
with its principal place of business in the UK being at 50 Bank Street, Canary Wharf,
London E14 5NT. Northern Trust Global Investments Limited (03929218) (“NTGIL”)
is registered in England & Wales and has its registered office at 50 Bank Street,
Canary Wharf, London, E14 5NT. Northern Trust Global Services SE UK Branch is a branch
of Northern Trust Global Services having its principal place of business un the UK
at 50 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5NT. Group VAT number: GB769315987.
- The Northern Trust Company is an Illinois banking corporation licensed and supervised by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation and is also a member of and supervised by the U.S. Federal Reserve System. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Subject to regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority and limited regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority. Details about the extent of our regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available from us on request.
- Northern Trust Global Services SE (subject to supervision by the European Central Bank and the Luxembourg Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier) has a UK Branch, which is subject to regulation in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority in the conduct of its UK depositary activities.
- Northern Trust Global Investments Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Their respective numbers (“FRN”s) on The Financial Services Register are: TNTC: 122020, NTGS SE UK Branch.: FRN 829966, NTGIL: 191916
- Northern Trust Securities LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN: 465131) and is a member of the London Stock Exchange. Northern Trust Securities LLP is registered in England and Wales No. OC324323
- Guernsey: Northern Trust (Guernsey) Limited, Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Guernsey) Limited, and Northern Trust International Fund Administration Services (Guernsey) Limited are licensed by the Guernsey Financial Services Commission.
- Ireland: Northern Trust Fund Managers (Ireland) Limited is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland. Registered in Ireland 244513. Registered Office: George’s Court, 54-62 Townsend Street, Dublin 2, D02R156. Northern Trust International Fund Administration Services (Ireland) Limited, Northern Trust Securities Services (Ireland) Limited and Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Ireland) Limited are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.
- Northern Trust Global Services SE is an authorised credit institution in Luxembourg under Chapter 1 of Part 1 of the Luxembourg law of 5 April 1993 on the financial sector. It is subject to supervision by the European Central Bank and the Luxembourg Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier.
- Northern Trust Luxembourg Management Company S.A. is regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier.
- Northern Trust Global Services SE (subject to supervision by the European Central Bank and the Luxembourg Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier) has a Netherlands Branch, which is subject to regulation in the Netherlands by De Nederlandsche Bank.
- Northern Trust Fund Managers (Ireland) Limited (authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland) has a Netherlands Branch, which is subject to regulation in the Netherlands by the Autoriteit Financiële Markten.
- Northern Trust Global Services SE Sweden Filial (subject to supervision by the European Central Bank and the Luxembourg Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier) is subject to regulation in Sweden by the Finansinspektionen.
- Northern Trust Fund Managers (Ireland) Limited (authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland) has a Sweden branch and is subject to regulation in Sweden by the Finansinspektionen.
- United Arab Emirates: Northern Trust Global Services SE, Abu Dhabi Branch, registration Number 000000519 licenced by ADGM under FSRA #160018.
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: The Northern Trust Company of Saudi Arabia is a Closed Joint Stock Company, with paid up Capital of SAR 52 million, regulated and licensed by the Capital Market Authority of Saudi Arabia, license no. (26-12163) and commercial registration no. 1010366439.
- The Northern Trust Company (ARBN 126 279 918) operates in Australia as a foreign authorised deposit-taking institution (foreign ADI) and is regulated by the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority and the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) (AFS Licence No: 314970).
- Pursuant to current ASIC Class Order/transitional relief, Northern Trust Global Investments Limited (NTGIL) (ARBN 601 851 594) is exempt from the requirement to hold an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) under the Corporations Act 2001. NTGIL is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under UK laws, which differ from Australian laws. Similarly, pursuant to current ASIC Class Order/transitional relief, The Northern Trust Company of Hong Kong Limited (TNTCHK) (ARBN 601 850 891) is also exempt from the requirement to hold an AFSL under the Corporations Act. TNTCHK is authorised and regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission under Hong Kong laws which differ from Australian laws.
- Northern Trust Securities LLP is registered as a foreign company in Australia (ARBN 165 830 937) under the Corporations Act 2001. Pursuant to current ASIC Class Order/transitional relief, Northern Trust Securities LLP is exempt from the requirement to hold an Australian Financial Services Licence (AFSL) under the Corporations Act 2001. Northern Trust Securities LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority under UK laws, which differ from Australian laws.
- To ensure compliance with the Class Order, Northern Trust Securities LLP, NTGIL and TNTCHK does not deal with, or for any clients who are not a “wholesale client” within the meaning by section 761G of the Corporations Act.
- Northern Trust Securities LLP is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) under the laws and regulatory requirements of the United Kingdom which are different to Australia. Consequently any offer or other documentation that you receive from us in the course of us providing financial services to you will be prepared in accordance with those laws and regulatory requirements. The UK regulatory requirements refer to legislation, rules enacted pursuant to the legislation and any other relevant policies or documents issued by the FCA.
- China: The Northern Trust Company has a branch in China mainly regulated by the China Banking Regulatory Commission, People’s Bank of China and State Administration of Foreign Exchange.
- Hong Kong: The Northern Trust Company of Hong Kong Limited (CE no. ACO807) (TNTCHK) is incorporated in Hong Kong and is licensed by the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) of Hong Kong to conduct Type 1 (dealing in securities), Type 2 (dealing in futures), Type 4 (advising on securities) and Type 9 (asset management) regulated activities pursuant to the Securities and Futures Ordnance (SFO) of Hong Kong. TNTCHK only deals with 'professional investors' (as defined by the SFO and its subsidiary legislation) and does not hold any client assets.
- Japan: Northern Trust Global Investments Japan, K.K. is regulated by the Japan Financial Services Agency.
- Malaysia: The Northern Trust Company has a Representative Office in Kuala Lumpur which is subject to regulation in Malaysia by Bank Negara Malaysia.
- Singapore: The Northern Trust Company has a Singapore Branch, which is a foreign wholesale bank regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- South Korea: The Northern Trust Company has a Representative Office in Seoul which is subject to regulation in South Korea by the Financial Services Commission of Korea.
- Canada: The Northern Trust Company operates in Canada as The Northern Trust Company, Canada Branch, which is an authorised foreign bank branch under the Bank Act (Canada). Trustee related services in Canada are provided by the wholly owned subsidiary, The Northern Trust Company, Canada, an authorised trust company under the Trust & Loans Companies Act (Canada). Deposits with The Northern Trust Company and its affiliates and subsidiaries are not insured by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation. NTGAI is registered as a Portfolio Manager (which permits it to provide discretionary investment management services to its clients) and as an Exempt Market Dealer (which permits it to distribute its funds and act as a dealer for prospectus exempt trades in certain circumstances) across all Canadian provinces and territories; and as an Investment Fund Manager (IFM) in Ontario and Quebec; and Commodity Trading Manager (CTM) in Ontario.