Understanding your liquidity needs and delivering the liquidity and capital preservation that you require
To meet your cash management needs, we offer a full suite of Dublin domiciled triple-A rated money market funds; but the story doesn’t finish there. As an integrated cash management and fixed income team, we are perfectly positioned to recognise that sometimes you may have bespoke liquidity needs which are not fulfilled by a standard fund solution. Our specialist investment professionals will listen to your objectives and make a thorough assessment of your unique requirements. Based on our understanding of those needs and goals, we then develop and implement innovative cash or fixed income solutions tailored to your needs.
Fund Ranges and Tailored Solutions
All of our money market funds aim to preserve capital and provide liquidity whilst generating appropriate income. However there are important differences:
- Government liquidity funds – designed for investors with a short-term investment horizon seeking the security of exposure only to highly rated governments. These funds are targeted to provide you with returns consistent with short-term government interest rates whilst maintaining a high level of liquidity.
- Global cash funds – developed as a solution for investors who have a short-term investment horizon and uncertain liquidity requirements. The funds invest in high quality, short-term money market instruments to offer investors security and liquidity.
- Strategic money market funds – created for investors with a longer investment horizon – one to six months – and more defined liquidity needs. The funds invest in high quality money market instruments with slightly longer duration. They may offer a yield uplift over money the global cash funds.
- Tailored solutions – created hand-in-hand with you, to respond to your individual investment requirements or longer-term cash objectives.
Conservative Investment Principles
- Capital Preservation – comprehensive risk controls, a consistent and robust investment approach, and an extensive credit review process are fundamental to our investment strategy.
- Liquidity Management – the size and scale of Northern Trust Global Investments allows for comprehensive liquidity management.
- Risk Adjusted Yield – given the focus on capital preservation and liquidity, yield is not a primary concern when selecting a money market fund. If we are developing a customised solution with you we can target the appropriate level of yield based on your risk profile and liquidity needs.
Our experienced team of portfolio managers is supported by our proprietary credit research group, and uses state-of-the-art technology to support quantitative decision making.
Northern Trust Corporation. Head Office: 50 South La Salle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 U.S.A. Incorporated with limited liability in the U.S. Products and services provided by subsidiaries of Northern Trust Corporation may vary in different markets and are offered in accordance with local regulation. For more information, read our legal and regulatory information about individual market offices.
Northern Trust Asset Management is composed of Northern Trust Investments, Inc., Northern Trust Global Investments Limited, Northern Trust Fund Managers (Ireland) Limited, Northern Trust Global Investments Japan, K.K., NT Global Advisors, Inc., 50 South Capital Advisors, LLC, Northern Trust Asset Management Australia Pty Ltd, and investment personnel of The Northern Trust Company of Hong Kong Limited and The Northern Trust Company.
This material is directed to professional clients only and is not intended for retail clients. For Asia-Pacific markets, it is directed to institutional investors, expert investors and professional investors only and should not be relied upon by retail investors.
Issued by Northern Trust Global Investments Limited.