Entry-Level Opportunities and Student Programs in North America
Find your next opportunity at Northern Trust.
Rotational Development Program
The Northern Trust Rotational Development Program (RDP) is designed to develop the technical skills, business acumen, and leadership abilities of early career professionals.
During the 12-18 month program, participants will have the opportunity to perform meaningful assignments in various rotations while gaining a broader perspective, along with exposure to leadership of the different departments in their chosen career track. Rotations are selected based on the business need as well as the RDP member’s career interests, goals, and skills.
The program provides participants with dedicated ongoing support and professional development opportunities that include:
- Two program mentors
- Monthly speaker series
- Learning & Development sessions
- Career Development opportunities
- Comprehensive orientation
- Social Events
- Access to RDP Alumni Network
The Rotational Development Program offers five tracks:
- Asset Management Track
- Asset Servicing Track
- Corporate Finance Track
- Credit Track
- Technology Track
Members of Northern Trust’s Rotational Development Program possess the following:
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least a 3.0
- Previous internships or related work experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Adaptability and ability to learn quickly in high-pressure environments
- Leadership, teamwork and client servicing ability
- A well-rounded character, appreciating diversity and valuing inclusion
- Knowledge and interest in Northern Trust and the financial services industry
- Some technical acumen (preferred)
After successfully completing the program, qualified Associates will apply for a role that best leverages the experiences they’ve gained throughout their rotations and meets their career interests. Participation in the Program is not guaranteed for any period of time, nor is it a promise of employment since participants are employed at will.