Supporting Your Need To Manage Through The Changing Derivatives, Regulatory and Counterparty Risk Landscape
At Northern Trust, we understand that the intersection of global derivatives and capital-related regulations are expected to increase the need for liquidity and over the longer term, potentially create a collateral squeeze. We will effectively monitor and manage your liquidity and collateral needs within a transparent framework to optimize your assets while reducing counterparty and settlement risk.
Leverage our Collateral Management Solutions
We provide broad services across the collateral lifecycle, helping you with:
Take advantage of our Collateral Management solutions to help you achieve regulatory compliance, operational efficiency and access to broader Securities Financing and Liquidity services at Northern Trust.
- Manage collateral in accordance with your legal agreements
- Calculate exposures, initiate and respond to collateral calls
- Move your collateral accordingly, leveraging collateral optimization capabilities
- Access to Northern Trust Asset Management cash funds for collateral reinvestment
- Full suite of margin segregation services
- Daily exposures, trade positions, collateral balances, accrued interest calculations, asset holdings and valuations, agreement details
- Extensive data attributes available for client system integration
- Configurable reports and data distribution models
Underpinned by Global Controls
- Un-biased position by coupling collateral with independent valuation service
- Pro-active reconciliation to counterparties, clearing agents and fund administrators
- Dispute management including reporting and escalation to clients
Delivering Broad Benefits
- Automated collateral selection hierarchy process including custom algorithms under collateral optimization offering
- Protecting your assets by reducing counterparty exposure risk
- Enhanced counterparty risk reporting and oversight
- Specialist independent service tailored to the buy-side
SECURITIES FINANCE LEADERS
Meet our Collateral Product Manager
Judson Baker is Senior Vice President and Collateral Product Manager at Northern Trust based in Chicago.
©2022 Northern Trust Corporation. Head Office: 50 South La Salle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 U.S.A. Incorporated with limited liability as an Illinois corporation under number 0014019. Products and services provided by subsidiaries of Northern Trust Corporation may vary in different markets and are offered in accordance with local regulation. This material is directed to professional clients only and is not intended for retail clients. For Asia-Pacific markets, it is directed to expert, institutional, professional and wholesale clients or investors only and should not be relied upon by retail clients or investors. For legal and regulatory information about our offices and legal entities, visit northerntrust.com/disclosures. The following information is provided to comply with local disclosure requirements: The Northern Trust Company, London Branch, Northern Trust Global Investments Limited, Northern Trust Securities LLP and Northern Trust Investor Services Limited, 50 Bank Street, London E14 5NT. Northern Trust Global Services SE, 10 rue du Château d’Eau, L-3364 Leudelange, Grand-Duché de Luxembourg, incorporated with limited liability in Luxembourg at the RCS under number B232281; Northern Trust Global Services SE UK Branch, 50 Bank Street, London E14 5NT; Northern Trust Global Services SE Sweden Bankfilial, Ingmar Bergmans gata 4, 1st Floor, 114 34 Stockholm, Sweden; Northern Trust Global Services SE Netherlands Branch, Viñoly 7th floor, Claude Debussylaan 18 A, 1082 MD Amsterdam; Northern Trust Global Services SE Abu Dhabi Branch, registration Number 000000519 licenced by ADGM under FSRA #160018; Northern Trust Global Services SE Norway Branch, 3rd Floor, Haakon VII's Gate 6, 0161 Oslo, Norway; Northern Trust Global Services SE, Leudelange, Luxembourg, Zweigniederlassung Basel is a branch of Northern Trust Global Services SE (itself authorised by the ECB and subject to the prudential supervision of the ECB and the CSSF). The Branch has its registered office at Grosspeter Tower, Grosspeteranlage 29, 4052 Basel, Switzerland, and is authorised and regulated by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA. The Northern Trust Company Saudi Arabia, PO Box 7508, Level 20, Kingdom Tower, Al Urubah Road, Olaya District, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 11214-9597, a Saudi Joint Stock Company – capital 52 million SAR. Regulated and Authorised by the Capital Market Authority License #12163-26 CR 1010366439. Northern Trust (Guernsey) Limited (2651)/Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Guernsey) Limited (29806)/Northern Trust International Fund Administration Services (Guernsey) Limited (15532) Registered Office: Trafalgar Court, Les Banques, St Peter Port, Guernsey GY1 3DA. Northern Trust International Fund Administration Services (Ireland) Limited (160579)/Northern Trust Fiduciary Services (Ireland) Limited (161386), Registered Office: Georges Court, 54-62 Townsend Street, Dublin 2, D02 R156, Ireland.