Corporate Social Responsibility
More Diversity. Greater Perspective.
We count a diversified workforce as one of our strongest assets. And we recognize that diversity of thought and experience allows us to draw on a wide range of perspectives to better serve our clients, employees, and our communities.
Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer, Americas
Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer, Europe, Middle East & Africa and Asia Pacific
Value in Diversity.
Northern Trust is committed to capitalizing on the strengths and individual differences
across our diverse workforce. What differentiates us is the unwavering belief that
diversity, equity and inclusion are inextricably linked: true diversity can exist
only in an inclusive work environment where any individual or group feels welcomed,
respected, supported and valued to fully participate and contribute to our success.
We ensure our policies guide our behaviors to create and maintain a discrimination-free workplace. Northern Trust supports total diversity: gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, physical disabilities, and marital/family status, among others.
A Conversation with Connie Lindsey & David Blight
Northern Trust celebrates Black History Month. Watch Connie Lindsey’s enlightening interview with Pulitzer Prize Winning author, David Blight, as they discuss Frederick Douglass, his life and impact on our world today.
Employer of ChoiceOur commitment to providing equal opportunity for all employees and our focus on creating and maintaining a diverse workforce has been recognized by many groups, including: Working Mother, Black Enterprise, Diversity MBA and Latina Style magazines, as well as the National Association of Female Executives and The Corporate Equality Index.
Expand Our Access to TalentWe strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. To achieve this, we work with many organizations locally and globally.
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA)
- Association of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) & Councils
- Chicago United
- Disability:IN Chicagoland
- Diversity Best Practices
- Diversity Project
- Financial Services Pipeline Initiative
- Hispanic Alliance for Career Enhancement (HACE)
- Hiring Our Heroes
- Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities (MOPD) - City of Chicago
- National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP)
- NeuroLeadership Institute
- Out & Equal Workplace Advocates
- True Blue Inclusion
- Northern Trust Manilla was a recipient of the Duyan Ambassador award in the 6th Philippine Financial and Inter-industry Pride Annual Gala as recognition of Northern Trust’s continued commitment and unwavering support to the community, raising awareness on HIV/AIDS, and making a significant impact on the lives of the children living with HIV
- Northern Trust India recognized as a Top 100 Best Companies To Work for Women in India 2020 by AVTAR Flexi Careers India and Working Mother Media US Northern Trust India recognized as An “Exemplar for Inclusion” 2020 by AVTAR Flexi Careers India and Working Mother Media US
- Northern Trust India was recognized as a honoree under the category “ Global Workplace Excellence” OUTIE awards by Out and Equal USA 2020
- Diversity and Inclusion in Asia Network (DIAN)
- Philippine Financial Industry Pride (PFIP)
- Pride in Diversity (Australia)
- Australia Government – Workplace Gender Equality Agency
- NASSCOM (India)
- EnAble India
- Women in Super
- Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index – Silver Award
- Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index – the UK’s definitive benchmark related to mental health and wellbeing policy. As part of the submission, we participate in both staff and employer surveys to help us assess where the gaps lie regarding our approach to workplace wellbeing and staff perceptions, enabling us to identify key interventions needed.
- Ministry of Deference Employer Recognition Scheme – Gold Award
- Ministry of Deference Employer Recognition Scheme - the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) encourages employers to support defence and inspire others to do the same. The scheme encompasses bronze, silver and gold awards for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the armed forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Diversity Project
- Working Families
- Parental Choice
- My Family Care
- London Women’s Forum
- The Centre for Inclusive Leadership
- The Diversity Practice
- United in Diversity (Luxembourg)
- Charte de la Diversite Letzebuerg