Global Family and Private Investment Office Services
Issues important to you help craft our agendas
- We know that families and family offices come in different shapes and sizes, and
have unique attributes that require a distinct service model. Their size, complexity,
investment horizon and need for advanced technology architecture set them apart from
the broader universe of wealth management. As a part of our distinct service model,
we offer unique opportunities for family offices and advisors to hear from leading
experts, share best practices and network with peers. Topics range from technology
innovations and cybersecurity to investment opportunities, family governance, succession
planning and communicating with the next generation.
LEARN FROM YOUR PEERS
- Global Wealth Alliance for principals and chief executive officers.
- Financial Executives Group for chief financial officers and chief operating officers.
- Wharton Global Family Alliance, a research collaboration with the Wharton School. In partnership with the Wharton Global Family Alliance (GFA), Northern Trust Global Family Office (GFO) launched the 2018 Benchmark Report to better understand the financial performance and operational strategy at family offices. We invite you to download the report and contact us or Wharton GFA with any questions.
- Roundtables comprised of executives, advisors and subject matter experts, designed to focus on timely and top-of-mind topics of interest to our clients, such as philanthropy, investment trends, education, succession planning and more.
- Private Trust Companies: a community intended to support our more than 50 private trust and family trust company clients.
- Founder's Circle: GFO’s focused advisory board comprised of current and former family office CEOs.
- Women's Investment Exchange: Women-owned and led network of senior family office investment professionals.
- Rising Gen: A quarterly small group gathering of next generation family members ages 22-40.
- (Virtual) Investment Exchange: Regional investment networks of family office investment professionals with open discussion facilitated by GFO specialists.
Annual benchmarking survey exclusively for GFO clients.
Frequent and digestible postings and podcasts on topics relevant to Global Family
Periodic content curated by the GFO Investment Practice featuring unique ideas, strategies, or opportunities for family office clients.
GFO Pulse: Insights and Perspective from the Global Family Office Client Community
Jane Flanagan, Director of Family Office Consulting, and Jared Marchant, Sr. Business Strategy Analyst of Northern Trust's Global Family & Private Investment Offices (GFO) group, published their thoughts in Family Office Magazine on how to prepare the next generation for their roles as leaders of the family.
Jane Flanagan, Director of Family Office Consulting, sat down with Mary Timmons, Chief Operating Officer for GFO, to discuss family office technology and operational efficiency.
Amy Szostak, Director of Family Education & Governance, sat down with Jane Flanagan, Director of Family Office Consulting, to discuss some common family governance practices.
Dan Lindley, Fiduciary Practice Executive for GFO, discusses the merits of a Private Trust Company (PTC) relative to directed trusts.
Belinda Aspinall, head of our GFO EMEA business, discusses some of the strategies and opportunities that she is seeing GFO clients that have headquarters in Europe, the Middle East and Asia (EMEA) consider in these uncertain times.
Katie Colelli, our GFO Investment Practice Lead, discusses investment strategies and opportunities that she is seeing GFO clients consider in these uncertain times.
Marguerite Griffin, Director of Philanthropic Advisory Services, discusses some of the philanthropic strategies that she and her team are seeing GFO clients consider in these uncertain times.
Dan Lindley, Fiduciary Practice Executive, discusses some of the wealth planning strategies that he is seeing GFO clients consider in these uncertain times.