Global Family and Private Investment Office Services
Issues important to you help craft our agendas
- We know that families and family offices come in different shapes and sizes, and
have unique attributes that require a distinct service model. Their size, complexity,
investment horizon and need for advanced technology architecture set them apart from
the broader universe of wealth management. As a part of our distinct service model,
we offer unique opportunities for family offices and advisors to hear from leading
experts, share best practices and network with peers. Topics range from technology
innovations and cybersecurity to investment opportunities, family governance, succession
planning and communicating with the next generation.
LEARN FROM YOUR PEERS
- Global Wealth Alliance for principals and chief executive officers.
- Financial Executives Group for chief financial officers and chief operating officers.
- Wharton Global Family Alliance, a research collaboration with the Wharton School. In partnership with the Wharton Global Family Alliance (GFA), Northern Trust Global Family Office (GFO) launched the 2018 Benchmark Report to better understand the financial performance and operational strategy at family offices. We invite you to download the report and contact us or Wharton GFA with any questions.
- Roundtables comprised of executives, advisors and subject matter experts, designed to focus on timely and top-of-mind topics of interest to our clients, such as philanthropy, investment trends, education, succession planning and more.
Selected Market Trends Addressed at Networking Opportunities
- Technology Innovation and Reporting
- Geopolitical Considerations and Investment Trends
- Investment Outsourcing
- Alternative Investments
- Next Generation Succession Planning and Communication
- Best Practices for Achieving Operational Efficiencies
- Family Governance Solutions
- Family/Office Succession
- Philanthropic Involvement
- Risk & Capital Management
GFO Pulse: Insights and Perspective from the GFO Client Community
Dan Lindley, Fiduciary Practice Executive for GFO, discusses the merits of a Private Trust Company (PTC) relative to directed trusts.
Jane Flanagan, Director of Family Office Consulting, discusses some of the strategies and opportunities that she is seeing GFO clients that have headquarters in Europe, the Middle East and Asia (EMEA) consider in these uncertain times.
Katie Colelli, our GFO Investment Practice Lead, discusses investment strategies and opportunities that she is seeing GFO clients consider in these uncertain times.
Marguerite Griffin, Director of Philanthropic Advisory Services, discusses some of the philanthropic strategies that she and her team are seeing GFO clients consider in these uncertain times.
Dan Lindley, Fiduciary Practice Executive, discusses some of the wealth planning strategies that he is seeing GFO clients consider in these uncertain times.
Mary Timmons, Chief Operating Officer for our family office group, who is also responsible for our family office technology products, discusses some of the technology trends that she is seeing GFO clients consider in these uncertain times.
David C. Albright
Head of Client Development
David W. Fox, Jr.
The Northern Trust Company. Member FDIC
© 2020 Northern Trust Corporation. Head Office: 50 South La Salle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 U.S.A. Incorporated with limited liability in the U.S.
This information is not intended to be and should not be treated as legal advice, investment advice or tax advice and is for informational purposes only. Readers, including professionals, should under no circumstances rely upon this information as a substitute for their own research or for obtaining specific legal or tax advice from their own counsel. All information discussed herein is current only as of the date appearing in this material and is subject to change at any time without notice.
Certain affiliates of Northern Trust may be utilized in providing investment management services, including Northern Trust Investments, Inc. and 50 South Capital Advisors, LLC, which are registered under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940.
This information, including any information regarding specific investment products or strategies, does not take into account the reader’s individual needs and circumstances and should not be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation to enter into any transaction or to utilize a specific investment product or strategy. This presentation is neither an offer to sell, nor a solicitation of an offer to buy an interest in an investment fund.