Donor Advised Fund
Fulfill your charitable intentions with a Donor Advised Fund.
Login to Access Your Donor Advised Fund (Non-Passport Users)
The Northern Trust Charitable Giving Program (Program) offers our donor advised fund as a simple, cost-effective strategy to meet your charitable giving goals.
Explore some of the personal and financial advantages of establishing a Donor Advised
- Simplicity. Streamlined administration of your philanthropic planning reduces time and the collection of receipts allowing you to focus on your philanthropic goals.
- Flexibility. Irrevocable charitable contributions of cash or appreciated publicly traded securities provide an immediate income tax charitable deduction to eligible donors.
- Income Tax Benefits. Because a contribution to the Program qualifies as a contribution to a public charity, a charitable deduction for income tax purposes will be immediately available to eligible donors based on the full fair market value of the cash or publicly traded securities contributed.
- Tradition of Giving. Promote generations of giving by naming family members or trusted friends as additional advisors and successor advisors to the fund.
- Honoring Others. You may choose to have a grant recognized by the fund name, by fund name and donor/advisor names, remain anonymous or honor a colleague, friend or family member.
Why Choose a Northern Trust DAF?
- Access to our state of the art portal through Private Passport
- Straightforward contribution and granting processes (simply open the account, add funds, and begin making grant recommendations)
- Ability to contribute approved unique assets
- Connection to the expertise of our Philanthropic Advisory Services team
- Utilization of our individually managed account structure in funds over $1,000,000
Getting Started is Easy…
We welcome the opportunity to work with you and your family.
To discuss any questions you may have about establishing and maintaining a donor advised fund through the Northern Trust Charitable Giving Program, contact your relationship manager or a Northern Trust representative at 866-494-4273.