Invest with purpose
Our seasoned investment advisors develop grounded portfolios focused on real returns and your long-term goals.
Our investment philosophy underpins a collaborative investment process centered
on the client-advisor partnership. Your portfolio advisor collaborates with you to
design a custom investment strategy based on your unique circumstances that may include
your assets and entities, risk preferences, tax situation and family dynamics in granular
detail. This well help you make informed decisions and course-corrections as
circumstances change over time.
- Over a century of successful investing: Our fiduciary heritage stewarding multiple generations of wealth informs our decision-making.
- Your assets serve a purpose: We invest with intent and focus on what is most important to you. We view investment strategies through a purposeful lens, assessing the role that each asset plays in the underlying portfolio.
- Access our best thinking: Your portfolio will benefit from the insights of our Investment Policy Committee, comprising the same industry-leading global capital market experts who determine asset allocations for the world’s most sophisticated institutions.
- A deep understanding of portfolio risk: We focus on taking investment risk only where we have a high degree of confidence in the return potential. We use a risk and risk control building-block approach to ensure robust portfolio diversification.
- Impeccable resource coordination: Your portfolio advisor will coordinate the right team of experts and resources for you both inside and outside of Northern Trust to ensure optimal asset allocation and portfolio fulfillment.
Customized investment strategies built around institutional resources
Your portfolio advisor is supported by the following institutional resources:
National Investment Practice: Wealth Management , best practices, portfolio research, thought leadership, investment product, compliance.
Investment Policy Committee (asset allocation): capital market assumptions, portfolio optimization, asset allocation.
Investment Advisory Committee (investment capabilities): manager evaluation and monitoring, performance and risk evaluation, expense and tax analysis.
Katie Nixon on Bloomberg TV (1:51)
How will dramatically lower oil prices impact the energy sector and your portfolio? Will there be a wave of municipal bond defaults?
Stay informed on recent market developments and their impact on your portfolio with Wealth Management Chief Investment Officer Katie Nixon.
Katie Nixon, CFA, CIMA, CPWA
Chief Investment Officer, Wealth Management
Director of Portfolio Research, Wealth Management
© 2020 Northern Trust Corporation. Head Office: 50 South La Salle Street, Chicago, Illinois 60603 U.S.A. Incorporated with limited liability in the U.S.
This information is not intended to be and should not be treated as legal, investment, accounting or tax advice and is for informational purposes only. Readers, including professionals, should under no circumstances rely upon this information as a substitute for their own research or for obtaining specific legal, accounting or tax advice from their own counsel. All information discussed herein is current only as of the date appearing in this material and is subject to change at any time without notice.
The information contained herein, including any information regarding specific investment products or strategies, is provided for informational and/or illustrative purposes only, and is not intended to be and should not be construed as an offer, solicitation or recommendation with respect to any investment transaction, product or strategy. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. All material has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, but its accuracy, completeness and interpretation cannot be guaranteed.